Dunkz

3rd Party Clients to be shutdown.

In this video by Mac H, he explains how the owner of RuneLite was contacted by Mod MatK. He said that RuneLite is being threatened to shutdown. This goes the same with all other 3rd Party Clients supposedly. 

RuneLite's Tweet about this: 

What's your opinion on 3rd Party Clients? Will you miss them?

Edited by Dunkz

doubt OSB will go down, as Jagex has endorsed them

OsbPro OP

I've grown very used to a lot of the features and would miss them very dearly should OSB cease to be.

Hopefully this does not extend to OSB.

bs, i can run 2 runelites and it runs way better than both vanilla client and osb (mac laptop btw)

Edited by Vikers

OSB is nice in terms of utility like price overlays etc... but it would also be nice if everyone was on a level playing field with no advantages/disadvantages over each other in terms of PVP and PVM.

1 hour ago, Vikers said:

bs, i can run 2 runelites and it runs way better than both vanilla client and osb (mac laptop btw)

wait are you talking about comp quality? cause i can run like 6 osb clients without any drop in frames.

and im using a laptop

Edited by Son of Sam

1 hour ago, Son of Sam said:

wait are you talking about comp quality? cause i can run like 6 osb clients without any drop in frames.

and im using a laptop

These clients doesn't require lot of pc specs. Actually, all they need is cpu power and some RAM. Most of the older cpus are actually batter than the new ones, since the client uses only one core from the cpu. So a 3Ghz dual core CPU is better than 2.8 Ghz quad core. 

I haven't done real tests, but from my own experience and most of the people I;ve talked to agreed, that runelite actually has a better performance over OSB. While chopping yews, you might not notice it, but if you happen to be in the middle of a huge pvp war, osb will struggle.

5 hours ago, Son of Sam said:

and im using a laptop

What type of laptop lol

if Jagex can’t provide a quality client that improves the experience of the game, we should be able to find an alternative. Users will continue to find alternatives until Jagex makes a competitive client. Otherwise, people are going to unsubscribe and find a game with a better admin team that listens to its players.

1 minute ago, Stevie said:

I’m pretty indifferent tbh

yee same, i dont use one so it doesnt really matter to me lol. some of them do seem pretty awesome though so that kinda sucks i guess

Honestly they should at least add some better xp tracking and screenshot options into their official client. If they did this I'm sure many would be ok with them shutting down 3rd party clients.

if they shut down runelite and not OSB, id say that'd be pretty suspicious because runelite is stealing osb-pro users and not charging anything. I've used osbuddy for a while and i like it, but if if I had to use vanilla i wouldn't mind it.

1 hour ago, Jamaul said:

if they shut down runelite and not OSB, id say that'd be pretty suspicious because runelite is stealing osb-pro users and not charging anything. I've used osbuddy for a while and i like it, but if if I had to use vanilla i wouldn't mind it.

The reason osb is staying up is because jagex gets a cut from the ppl that pay for pro. There has been a cut to the amount of people paying because RuneLite gives the same features for free.

2 hours ago, Dunkz said:

The reason osb is staying up is because jagex gets a cut from the ppl that pay for pro. There has been a cut to the amount of people paying because RuneLite gives the same features for free.

thats what i figured lol, not about their client at all only about the money that theyr not making.

Edited by Jamaul

14 hours ago, HaX said:

These clients doesn't require lot of pc specs. Actually, all they need is cpu power and some RAM. Most of the older cpus are actually batter than the new ones, since the client uses only one core from the cpu. So a 3Ghz dual core CPU is better than 2.8 Ghz quad core. 

I haven't done real tests, but from my own experience and most of the people I;ve talked to agreed, that runelite actually has a better performance over OSB. While chopping yews, you might not notice it, but if you happen to be in the middle of a huge pvp war, osb will struggle.

hmm.. i use 24GB of RAM, i've never had struggle in any wars.

11 hours ago, Vikers said:

What type of laptop lol

ASUS

1 hour ago, Son of Sam said:

i use 24GB of RAM

there you go i guess

• Like 1