Melochromilian

Motivation For Competitive Play

Curious, what would motivate you guys to join in competition? As we know right now there really isn't any sort of formal competition that acknowledges a superior clan over another. It's all done by word of mouth.

There are a few factors that limit this:

1. Size of clans

2. Preference of PKRI's over CWRI's

3. Not being able to take a loss. 

So there are clans that can pull about 30-40 members while other clans can only pull about 10-20 members. Would it be fair if there were mini tournaments that took place with special rules for these mid-sized clans? Would it be fair to separate clans into different categories, instead of bunching all the clans into 1 big ladder? What would motivate a clan to just participate in a tournament, with no questions asked?

PKRI will always be the decider in strength I feel. There's no way to alter that and it will remain that way. Clans will always do what the enjoy to do and there is no hunger for a number one spot anymore due to numerical decrease in clanners over the years. It isn't about being #1 anymore, it's about having people being apart of an enjoyable community that they deem is successful.

Your post is very limited, you don't include things such as dead man mode and other variations of the game, to which are all completely different to each other. To recap, #1 is all a personal opinion in this day and age.

• Like 2

It was the goal for end game when I started playing

9 hours ago, `221 said:

PKRI will always be the decider in strength I feel. There's no way to alter that and it will remain that way. Clans will always do what the enjoy to do and there is no hunger for a number one spot anymore due to numerical decrease in clanners over the years. It isn't about being #1 anymore, it's about having people being apart of an enjoyable community that they deem is successful.

Your post is very limited, you don't include things such as dead man mode and other variations of the game, to which are all completely different to each other. To recap, #1 is all a personal opinion in this day and age.

This

23 hours ago, `221 said:

I dont bring up deadman mode because the style of that mode is very different. I feel that is more for solo PKers, however there are clans which participate and ofc dominate, but i honestly believe that's a different ball game. As for PvP worlds, I don't really feel that is too relevant to the clan world, these days. The majority of the action for clans is all in Rev Caves/ wildy. 

You see, we have Clan wars, but i feel that part of the game content will be dead soon. We have PvP worlds but i don't see it as such an attraction. We have Deadman mode, and there, there's an attraction, but the way wars are fought, it's different. It's about #'s and such but in the end becomes a 1v1 battleground. 

It is clear that clans dont fight for a legit #1 ranking, or for a ranking in any matter. It is clear that these days clans are fighting for fun, and not so much competition. The competition that arises from all of this is only from 3-4 clans at the moment, and it is evident that these clans are in a rivalry with each other, trying to kill each other off. I feel the community can get an establishment sorted but to do this, there must be new blood entering clan worlds. Right now, all that can be measured from all of this fighting going on in the wild is activity. What would motivate every clan to fight for a proper ranking? Is that just not in the cards yet due to low pulls, and a scarce amount of clans left in the clan world? 

4 hours ago, Melochromilian said:

I dont bring up deadman mode because the style of that mode is very different. I feel that is more for solo PKers, however there are clans which participate and ofc dominate, but i honestly believe that's a different ball game. As for PvP worlds, I don't really feel that is too relevant to the clan world, these days. The majority of the action for clans is all in Rev Caves/ wildy. 

You see, we have Clan wars, but i feel that part of the game content will be dead soon. We have PvP worlds but i don't see it as such an attraction. We have Deadman mode, and there, there's an attraction, but the way wars are fought, it's different. It's about #'s and such but in the end becomes a 1v1 battleground. 

It is clear that clans dont fight for a legit #1 ranking, or for a ranking in any matter. It is clear that these days clans are fighting for fun, and not so much competition. The competition that arises from all of this is only from 3-4 clans at the moment, and it is evident that these clans are in a rivalry with each other, trying to kill each other off. I feel the community can get an establishment sorted but to do this, there must be new blood entering clan worlds. Right now, all that can be measured from all of this fighting going on in the wild is activity. What would motivate every clan to fight for a proper ranking? Is that just not in the cards yet due to low pulls, and a scarce amount of clans left in the clan world? 

lol the clan world is relatively dead bro, and it's never coming back because RS as a game is relatively dead and will continue to die over time. I think most people understand that truth and are just enjoying their last go around the RS clan world before they either quit the game or that world dies for good ( or at least the way we know it does)

24 minutes ago, Derek said:

RS as a game is relatively dead and will continue to die over time.

OSRS is currently averaging around 60k active players and RS3 around 20k. In the case for OSRS that would put them top 10 in the steam charts (40k active players right now just below Monster Hunter World for the #7 spot) and that number has been steadily increasing over time. The notion that RS is dying is backed up by zero evidence.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wee Man said:

OSRS is currently averaging around 60k active players and RS3 around 20k. In the case for OSRS that would put them top 10 in the steam charts (40k active players right now just below Monster Hunter World for the #7 spot) and that number has been steadily increasing over time. The notion that RS is dying is backed up by zero evidence.

lol kk so sorry I'll say stagnant with absolutely no growth since I've been playing osrs. thanks for the education bud

Imo... talking about PkRIs its rhe essence of this game..! In 2k7 or 2k9, i dnt remember exactly...when jagex do wildy a safer zone, it was a big error... now, many players came back just for wildy and pkri wars. Clan wars was an additional of safer and private fight. 

Edited by Lucho

15 hours ago, Derek said:

lol kk so sorry I'll say stagnant with absolutely no growth since I've been playing osrs. thanks for the education bud

Someone deleted my reply calling you a mongoloid so here it is again.

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2018 at 3:24 AM, Derek said:

lol the clan world is relatively dead bro, and it's never coming back because RS as a game is relatively dead and will continue to die over time. I think most people understand that truth and are just enjoying their last go around the RS clan world before they either quit the game or that world dies for good ( or at least the way we know it does)

I don't think it is a dead game but it definitely has changed. I think players now would rather sit in edge 1v1ing or solo bossing than join a clan and war since so much new content has been added.

Edited by Ronscapplayr

On 10/8/2018 at 3:24 AM, Derek said:

I kinda hate the fact that this is so true in certain respects. I legitimately named myself 'Last Run' because this is it for me. I don't intend on coming back for more after this round.