Clan Structure Welcome to Vanguard Clan Information
Discord Link

Ranks List

Vanguard Cinema

Requirements

Clan Uniform

Welcome to Vanguard

Thank you for considering Vanguard as your home. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
The End

Grand Jury -- how to get out of it

The End    15

Came back from a 2 week vacation and got mailed summons while I was away.

"You are summoned to serve as a Grand Juror in *** County. Please report to XXX on Monday, September 9, 2019 at 2:00 PM. Jury service may be for 4 weeks or longer."

Anyone ever been summoned for Grand Jury, and know how to get out of it?

Online accounts are this can last 4 weeks+ which is very disheartening considering you get paid less than minimum wage. Grand Jury also appears to be harder to get out of it, simplistic "I believe everyone that police arrests is a criminal" impartiality responses may not cut it. The best bet seems to try to go for the Jury Nullification angle, but I'm not sure if the judge will ask me the question if I agree to abide by the law. The next best thing seems to be act like a mentally deranged or retarded person and question everything. 

This is for New York State, but I assume it works similarly in other states.

#Pur3 Str0ng2    214

Damn man. A friend of mine got asked to go there aswell she practicly had no choice to go.. There is probly a way but I think she is just shy and did not really ask. I really don't know what to say to help get out of it, I have never been summoned myself =/ I hope you can find help Ned!

Act like you are a supporter of state run government and that federal taxes shouldn’t exist. Also be a firm supporter of Texas secession and be 100% against gun control. No one in NY will want you on that jury.

also I think u can get out if you can show that you can’t afford to go because you will miss work and the stipend isn’t enough. But I think I remember u saying u work in banking so rip ur ass.

Edited by boostedchimp

The End    15

Apparently the screening process is called "voir dire" where you can say crazy shit to get kicked out, but it's unclear if this process also exists for Grand Jury selection (might be unique to trial jury), in which case I am screwed.

Arguing financial hardship does work (but I will have a tough time with this one).

I might have to hit up a doctor and get some medical note.

In any case, turns out your given 1 free postponement 2 to 6 months from your current date. So I just postponed it to December (Xmas week). Hopefully courts less busy then, and they let me off quick.

So I've procrastinated this away till December.

3 1/2 months to come up with a solid plan of action.

• Like 1

@Mike    641

Any kind of crazy talk or conspiracy and they’ll oust you immediately 

• Haha 1

+Baker X    75

Honestly reschedule for a day thats before or after a holiday, a lot of people are off so you have a better chance at less cases therefore you will not be picked to show up. A friend of my moms the lady that holds the bible and shit in court and told me this is the best way, has worked before.

f69cb954ab07a5268bb20daef4355156.png

¥Alexa    46

Pretty sure its worse around Christmas , hope you find a way out though

pt37    13

Just tell them that you hate everyone and will vote guilty regardless